Saturday, August 24, 2013

Guess what came in the mail yesterday???

I've been waiting for it - not long though, this girl's QUICK!!!

And she refused to let me pay her for it, though I WILL make a donation to her foundation :)

SO...  I have a decision to make:

People who've bought or been given these have made it their business to send her "on location" pictures, some from placed around the world - well I'm NOT going anywhere any time soon!

My List of Options:
  1. Stone Mountain? - I'd LOVE to send her a picture from the top of the ROCK, but I'm not sure I'll have any takers this weekend for a hike up the slope ;-)
  2. The ATL? - another fair idea, perhaps at Centennial Park or looking at the skyline from the 17th street bridge...  but I don't feel like making the trip JUST to take a picture!
  3. Dacula? - Hmmmm...  Nothing REALLY cool to shoot in the background around here, except perhaps our H-Mill entrance - but that dang water wheel is broken again, so that's a no-go.
  4. Auburn? - (GA that is) there's a pretty cool old train engine in front of the quaint town center, but we don't live there anymore.
  5. Clemson? - Best idea yet!!!  But, unfortunately, I DON'T have tickets to the BIG GAME next week!!!  Go Tigers, FIGHT! (Curb the Dawg ;-) )
Well...  still thinking...

I've GOT IT!

The good ole Mall of GA :)  
Nothing terribly exciting, but it DOES at least indicate where I live!
6.5 short miles away
(Too close for comfort if you ask me!)

And it's SO appropriate right now:
  • Mouth sores HURT!!!  - got a solution called "Magic Mouth" prescribed, and it does allow for eating - IF you can enjoy food with a totally numb mouth ;-)  (Oh, and not bite the insides of your swollen cheeks!)
  • Hemorrhoids are CRAP!!! - (sorry if that's TMI)  Apparently these are related to the chemo-induced mouth sores :(  Who knew???
  • Y_ _ _ _ infections are even WORSE!!! - thought these were gone with menopause!  I haven't had one in YEARS :@
  • Bone pain is back and NOT FUN!!! - But, if my online pink sister's theory is correct, the nasty Neulasta is doing its job with my neutropenic state and getting me ready for round #4, the last one with the Red :v
 I'm NOT complaining, though - just using this cool shirt to "speak" my mind :tup

Good and productive week overall :)
2 great classes
Office got a new coat of paint
Dear Brother got his blood drawn for BRCA test
Precious daughter started her SENIOR YEAR!!!
Awesome son is being proactive on the job front ;-)
Hubby FINALLY got his new laptop mount installed in his car!
And COOPER...
Well, he's doing just fine :)


1 comment:

  1. I'm ALWAYS up for a hike up the mountain. Just say the word!

    ReplyDelete