Friday, February 14, 2014

Feeling Like a Sur-thriver!


Yes, I'm feeling pretty darn good :tup

I have to share (re-share for my FB friends) this, even though it just scratches the surface:
For those of you who don't know, I had an iron infusion on Tuesday, February 4th and I feel like a new woman!!!

Besides the renewed coloring above, I've got more energy than I've had in YEARS!  And, for better or worse, I've got that jittery tension (best way to describe it) feeling again:
Like the "old days", I've got a thousand things going on at once, my mind's running 90-to-nothing, I'm flitting from one thing to the other... and it's oddly comforting ;)

Also, my hands and feet don't seem to be quite as cold all the time :)  Yes, my oncologist was correct when he said, "You'll feel SO much better."  Gotta love that guy!

I got some test results since my last post to share:
  1. GOOD and BAD news from my thyroid ultrasound -- no nodules or lesions (Yay!!!) but I do have some inflammation.  Off to see another new doctor next week, an endocrinologist, to further assess.  Still on the Synthroid.
  2. BAD and GOOD? news from my bone density test -- osteoporosis in my left hip and lumbar spine (but I knew this), and osteopenia in the other hip and several other parts of my spine.  My gyn/major angel called me Tuesday to explain why he's no longer recommending I take Prolia.  He said the jury's still out on long-term effects of this relatively new drug and, as I was already aware from researching after an adverse reaction early last year, commonly used treatments like Fosomax and Boniva have been shown to grow bone but not STRONG bone, actually exacerbating the risk of fractures after 5 years of use!!!  He said that even though my fracture risk is elevated, because I'm still ONLY 50 (he actually said, "... because you're still so young," and I thanked him ;) ) we're better off adding extra calcium and D3 than taking any of these products - even WITH the bone-depleting anti-cancer aromatase inhibitor I'm taking!  So we wait and retest in 2 years :)


It's a good thing I didn't bust it on the sled yesterday!!!  Cooper knew better than to hang with me on this one :r




Oh, and I have to share THIS with you!  Remember my CRAP shirt???  (Link if you don't)  Well here's what the author of I Have to Get Some Things Off My Chest and creator of the shirts posted on her FB page yesterday:
Isn't it AWESOME???

I still feel so blessed to be where I am today.  I think often about where I might be if my lump hadn't screamed out, "I'M HERE" early last May.  And if my gyn/angel had believed the mammo and ultrasound that followed!

Life is still a journey of recovery - and discovery, of resilience, of miracles.  I treasure each day for its opportunities - and time.  Because we just never know. 

And one more thing:






No comments:

Post a Comment